You are welcome to contact usMore
Interview with LSW Partner – Artur Zawadowski
The development perspectives of LSW and a new restructuring and financing practice, his observations on the legal market, as well as plans for 2019 – about all this we talk with a recently nominated LSW Partner, Artur Zawadowski.More
Everything you wish to know about intellectual property lawMore
Where to find us
Welcome to our new officeMore
Restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings
• We prepare applications for commencement of restructuring proceedings and approval of terms and conditions of composition agreements. We draft pleadings in restructuring and insolvency proceedings (reservations, objections, complaints, applications etc.).
• We represent Clients in the process of opening restructuring proceedings, during approval of terms and conditions of composition agreements and during pending restructuring proceedings.
• We provide advice in drafting composition proposals and restructuring plans.
• We represent creditors and debtors at creditors’ meetings and on creditors’ councils.
• We supervise the progress of the restructuring process including drawing up a list of receivables, overseeing the activities of the supervisor or administrator and implementing the restructuring plan and composition agreement.
• We draft restructuring agreements and standstill agreements including associated documentation.
• We represent debtors and creditors in proceedings aimed towards declaration of bankruptcy and in bankruptcy proceedings, including successful employment of the institution of pre-pack liquidation.
LEGAL ADVISORY SERVICES IN CONSTRUCTION SECTOR COMPANY RESTRUCTURING
We represented a financial creditor in the process of restructuring of one of the largest construction companies in Poland. We participated in negotiating composition proposals, drafting the restructuring agreement and associated documentation, as well as representing the Client at the creditors’ meeting. We supervised the process from conclusion of the composition agreement and joining in the restructuring agreement.
REPRESENTING A FUEL SECTOR COMPANY IN BANKRUPTCY PROCEEDINGS
We advised in the process of restructuring of one of the largest fuel companies in Poland. LSW lawyers represented the Client in bankruptcy proceedings and reported the entire restructuring process, from negotiations to signing the agreement.
PROTECTING THE CLIENT AGAINST BANKRUPTCY PETITIONS
For a telecom company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange we implemented a project consisting in protecting the company against bankruptcy petitions filed by creditors, blocking pending proceedings aimed at declaration of bankruptcy and bringing about the opening of a sanative procedure in the company. The sanative procedure was ultimately commenced as one of the first in the Warsaw court.
CONDUCTING RESTRUCTURING PROCEEDINGS FOR A MEDIA AND EVENT COMPANY
We provided legal assistance to one of the largest companies involved in promotion and production of music and sports events in Poland in the course of composition bankruptcy proceedings with retained own management. We provided complex advisory services to the bankrupt entity during the entire restructuring process, starting from opening the proceedings, through creating a list of claims, presentation of composition proposals, participating in the creditors’ meeting, to final court approval of the composition agreement.
PRE-PACK LIQUIDATION BANKRUPTCY OF A STEEL SECTOR COMPANY
We successfully employed the institution of pre-pack in the Client’s bankruptcy proceedings by bringing about approval by the bankruptcy court of the terms and conditions of asset sale constituting a significant portion of the debtor’s enterprise. We also supported the Client in negotiations with the creditor (pledgee bank) aimed at obtaining consent for the sale of the debtor’s assets secured in the bank’s favour as part of the pre-pack process.
Business and Investments
Transactions, contract negotiations, analyses, stock exchange, restructuring and transformations, M&A
Copyright, trademark protection, contracts, media, film productions, personal data
Innovation, R & D and VC funds
Consulting, commercialisation of research results, investment services, start-ups
Real estate property law
Implementation of investments, spatial planning, infrastructure projects, public procurement